Sunday, May 6, 2007

A Better Browsing Experience (Adblock)

Ok, so getting back into the vein of my little credo on top of the blog, I would now like to discuss using a couple Firefox extensions to make your browsing experience safer and less stressful.

First off, if you are using a different browser I highly recommend going here and getting Firefox.

Now I know that other browsers like Opera have a lot going for them as well but I have found time and again that the extensions and development community surrounding Firefox makes it the easiest and most convenient to use for day to day surfing.

Whenever I reinstall Firefox or put it on a new computer the first extension I grab is Adblock Plus. This marvelous extension saves me from seeing almost every single advertisement on the internet that I might have otherwise been forced to ignore. It used to take a little more finesse to get Adblock working for you because you would have to define all the ads you wanted to block, but a new day is upon us and when you restart Firefox a box will pop up asking if you would like to subscribe to a filter list. These lists are maintained regularly by people whose singular goal is to save you, the surfing populace, from the mental vampires of banner advertising. It will even take the ads off of previously mentioned Pandora.

So go now! Install Adblock Plus and start enjoying the web ad-free.

No comments: